More details have been released today about the $500 million Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations that the Federal Government announced in April.
Canadian Heritage will be administering the fund and it will be divided as follows:
- Up to $326.8 million to be distributed by Canadian Heritage, of which:
- $198.3 million will be provided to the beneficiaries of arts and culture funding through existing programs as well as other organizations with demonstrated needs;
- $72 million will be provided to the sport sector;
- $53 million will be provided to the heritage sector through the emergency component of the Museums Assistance Program; and,
- $3.5 million will be provided for COVID-related projects under the Digital Citizen Initiative.
- $55 million to be distributed by the Canada Council for the Arts to help arts organizations that support artists.
- $115.8 million to support the Canadian audiovisual sector, to be distributed by the Canada Media Fund ($88.8 million) and Telefilm Canada ($27 million).
The use of the remaining funds will be assessed based on needs.
For more information visit https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/information-covid-19/emergency-support-fund.html