Fall for Dance North (FFDN) is Toronto’s premier international dance festival. Our mission is to elevate the popularity of dance by presenting a diverse, world-class dance festival of established and emerging talent from Toronto, Canada and around the globe through accessible ticket prices. FFDN aims to support Canada’s professional dance community, create an inclusive atmosphere and inspire and educate new audiences and seasoned dance patrons.
About the Role
This position is geared towards attracting youth (ages 15-30) to participate in the 2021 festival. This role will engage and communicate with existing stakeholders (post secondary school faculty/staff) to plan student engagement in FFDN’s 7th annual dance festival (both in-person activity and online). We are looking for a dynamic individual who can initiate and establish connections with departments or universities and colleges, including in event management, tourism and digital arts. This outreach role will help the festival expand its reach and engage with new post-secondary student and youth groups.
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Engage and communicate with existing stakeholders (post secondary school faculty/staff) to plan student engagement for the 2021 FFDN festival
- Outreach to new colleges and universities in Toronto and the surrounding area
- Focus outreach and group sales
- Youth outreach in new priority areas and communities, including LGBTQ youth
- Analyse audience surveys to maximize ways of engagement
- Support CRM updates related to new contacts/connections made in post secondary institutions or community groups
- Support any marketing efforts in attracting youth engagement in the festival
- Support on site festival activity in welcoming/supporting any youth or student engagement
- Post secondary education or equivalent experience. (Open to those in the process of completing a post-secondary program)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in pursuing a career in the arts, cultural, and/or non-profit sector
- Experience in a client centred environment, strong sales skills
- Event management or coordination experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual an asset
Hourly Wage: $20/hour - 35 hours per week
Terms of Employment
Note this position will be working remotely with some occasional in-person meetings. Any in-person activities will strictly adhere to the provincial COVID-19 public health guidelines and all staff will be screened in advance.
The candidate must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment and be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been
conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the
Employment. The candidate must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
How to Apply
FFDN is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment / selection processes and work environment. We are committed to building a diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Send your CV/resume (PDF format only) and a short description of why you’d like to work with FFDN in this position no later than August 3, 2021 5pm (EST) to: email@example.com. Subject line: Application: Cultural Activities Leader
FFDN thanks all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. During the recruitment process, applicants may request accommodation at any time by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-907-4334.