TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM ARTISTIC ADMINISTRATOR
Ready to make your mark in the Arts?
Established in 1959, Canada’s National Ballet School (NBS) is one of the world’s foremost training institutions for aspiring young dancers and teachers. Attracting students from across the country and around the world, NBS is the only ballet academy in North America to provide elite dance training, academic instruction and residential care on the same campus. The School’s progressive curriculum, with its emphasis on the physical and emotional well-being of the student, has put NBS at the forefront of dance training internationally.
Making dance relevant to all persons through its philosophy of ‘sharing dance’ sees NBS engaging a diverse mix of participants, from school children to people living with Parkinson’s Disease, in both on and off-site classes.
Canada’s National Ballet School is currently accepting applications for the regular part-time position of
tEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM Artistic ADMINISTRATor
Reporting to the Acting Manager, Teacher Training Program, this position functions within a fast-paced office environment encompassing a wide range of administrative and operational duties to support the Teacher Training Program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor attendance, scheduling, auditions, student interviews, staffing changes, teachers’ seminar, assessments and creating professional development schedules
- Assist in financial administration of program by collecting and processing payments,
- Update payroll tracker and process applicable timesheets
- Compose updates and send departmental correspondence and contracts
- Prepare and generate reports
- Maintain the Student Information System Database
- Organize events such as workshops, graduation activities and Cecchetti Days
- Coordinate logistics for examinations such as administration of forms, fees and scheduling
- Respond to information requests by answering or referring inquiries
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma. Post-secondary education in administration or related field would be an asset.
- 3+ years in a clerical/administrative or related position
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and familiarity with relational databases and database management systems
- General financial awareness and good numerical aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proof-reading skills complemented by high calibre writing ability and organizational and time management skills;
- Exceptional customer service/interpersonal skills, problem solving, and an ability to work with highly confidential information;
- Experience in a dance environment or arts & culture sector would be considered a definite asset.
Successful candidates must supply Canada’s National Ballet School with a Police Reference Check in accordance with the School’s Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse Prevention Policy; this will be co-ordinated through NBS HR.
Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism at NBS: NBS is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of the City of Toronto and strongly encourages application from all qualified individuals, especially those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to a further diversification of ideas.
Qualified applicants should email applications, including resume and cover letter, to email@example.com and include “TTP Administrator - 2021” in the subject line of your email by August 18th, 2021*.
* Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Canada’s National Ballet School is located at 400 Jarvis St., Toronto, Ontario M4Y 2G6.
Please visit www.nbs-enb.ca for more information.
NBS is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
NBS thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.