Dance Ontario is soliciting nominations for the JACQUE FOESIER YOUTH DANCE AWARD. This annual award seeks to recognize exceptional young dancers ages 19 & under who are not only pursuing excellence in their craft but go above and beyond making a difference in the lives of others and/or contributing to the dance community.
Dance Ontario knows that there are many young dancers across Ontario doing great things and we are confident that there are dancers in your studio, school, company, classes or program that you think deserve a nomination.
We look forward to highlighting the recipient of the Dance Ontario Youth Award and their achievements at the award ceremony that will take place virtually during DanceWeekend’21 in January 2021. A cash award of $300 is also included.
Dance Ontario seeks to recognize a young talented dancer who goes beyond their training to make a difference, effect change, develop, promote, inspire, educate, connect and contribute.
Nominee must have:
- demonstrated a passion, dedication and commitment in the pursuit of excellence in dance;
- Used dance as the basis for developing creative and innovative ideas aimed at sharing their art
or addressing real-world problems for themselves, their peers or the broader community
- Demonstrated a positive impact on their community and beyond as a teacher/assistant,
volunteer, organizer or advocate
Nominators must submit:
- A completed nomination form
- A letter of recommendation if nominator is not a studio/company director, teacher, or choreographer
- A performance video, links to YouTube or Vimeo - public or unlisted (which are private) links can be submitted online via e-mail
The deadline is December 15, 2020 at 5pm.